Early Childhood Educators play a vital role in children’s development. In the first five years, children’s brains are like sponges and they learn more, at a quicker rate, than they will ever learn in the rest of their lifetime. One way that educators can help make the most of the formative years is to include special preschool furniture in their classrooms.
Why Choose Special Preschool Furniture?
While it may seem like a small thing, the use of furniture meant specifically for preschool-aged children serves numerous purposes and provides many benefits. Just a few of these benefits include:
- Provide a safer environment for the children in your care. With furniture that is meant for children their size, preschoolers are less likely to fall and get hurt.
- Preschool furniture is smaller, and provides more space in the classroom. Children this age are both rambunctious and inquisitive, so the extra space provided by specially designed furniture is much needed.
- Preschoolers feel more comfortable around furniture that is their size. Large furniture, meant for adults, can sometimes be intimidating to tiny children.
- Quality furniture provides the children in your care with more structure. Sturdy tables promote the development of stronger fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Wobbly or shaking tables can frustrate children and limit their potential.
- Preschool furniture can help fuel children’s imaginations. In a classroom where everything is their size, pretend play where they are grown is easily imaginable. Pretending things they might do with their lives later on is a favorite imaginative game among small children.
- Preschool furniture is exciting for the children in your care. In a world where everything is too big for them, nothing is more exciting to preschoolers than a room full of furniture sized just for them.
For more information on the benefits of preschool furniture or to find some of your own for your early education facility, contact us today.